Benefits of Floatation Therapy:
Floating can benefit everyone, from athletes and creatives to business people, the elderly, and those with medical issues. Floatation therapy is a form of alternative medicine and boasts an extensive wealth of benefits:
General Well-being-Evokes feelings of deep calm and relaxation
-Increases flow of feel-good endorphins
-Relieves stress (both mental and physical)
-Refreshes and rejuvenates
-Improves sleep patterns
-Reduces feelings of depression, anxiety and fear
-Assists with overcoming addictions, phobias and habits
Mental Benefits-Improves clarity of thought and concentration
-Encourages more creative thought patterns
-Increases ability to solve problems
-Facilitates deeper meditation
-Synchronises left/right hemispheres of brain
-Enables concentrated visualisation (good for professional sportsmen/women)
Physical Benefits-Reduces rehabilitation and recovery time significantly (athletic and post-operative)
-Relieves pain (chronic pain, arthritis, headaches etc.)
-Improves blood circulation
-Reduces blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen consumption
-Improves physical/athletic performance
-Decreases production of cortisol, lactic acid and adrenaline
Effects of Epsom Salt on the Human BodyResearch has reported that raising your magnesium levels may:
1. Improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
2. Improve the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
3. Flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
4. Improve nerve function by regulating electrolytes. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
5. Relieve stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
Conditions helped by Floatation Therapy
Below are just a few examples of conditions, which scientific research has shown to be improved through the use of floatation sessions:
-Chronic Headaches and Migraines
-Chronic Lower Back Pain
-Stress-related disorders such as anxiety and PTSD